12 Step Programme Help and Advice
12 Step Programme. Commonly used in Residential Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centres
Call: 0845 3881 543 Mobiles call: 07811 606 606
12 Step Programme. ADUS Healthcare EST.2009. The 12 step programme is used by all good drug and alcohol rehab centres, and is designed to help anyone who is suffering from an addiction. It is a proven method in the battle against addiction. Every drug and alcohol rehab centre tends to slightly change the steps to make it work better for them. But the basis is always there. The 12 step programme website is produced by ADUS Healthcare as part of our Addiction Helpline. This is to help clients learn and understand the 12 Steps which are used by most drug and alcohol residential rehabilitation centres in the UK.
We use the 12 step programme in all our rehab centres as it works. We currently have an 85% success rate for long term abstinence from drugs or alcohol. To be fair, the 12 step programme is really just a guide and most rehab centres slightly change it to suit their programmes.
Who uses the 12 step programme
All good rehab centres for drug and alcohol abuse need to follow a pattern which works across the board. The 12 step programme has been proven to be the best pattern available to achieve this. All our centres use the 12 step programme. It really is the best basis for recovery. it is a system that really works. Below are the original 12 steps. These are the original Twelve Steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous.
In some cases, where other twelve-step groups have adapted the AA steps as guiding principles, they have been altered to emphasize principles important to those particular fellowships, to remove gender-biased or specific religious language.
At ADUS Healthcare we work hard at our residential rehab centres to get clients free from their addiction from drugs or alcohol. Our residential rehab centres are based all over the UK and give the highest success rates at the lowest prices. As with all addictions, if the client does not really want to give up, there is a high chance the treatment won’t work. So what we do here is make sure the client is ready to come in for treatment.
Steps – 12 step programme
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
If the client is not ready to come into rehab, or have a home detox, then we will work with the family and the client to achieve this. This can take days, weeks, or in some cases months. The other thing to remember is, if the client has tried endless times to give up from their addiction before, and failed. There is no rule that says you have to give up on your first attempt. What we will try and do is make sure when the client comes into rehab, they are ready, and the treatment will work.
we can help
Do talk to us because we can help you, and or your loved one. After all, we have helped 1000’s of clients in the past, and we have also got 1000’s of clients off their addiction. Working together we can achieve this. Did you know I have never met anybody in all the years I have been working in this industry, who is happy to have an addiction. There is a lot more to recovery than the 12 step programme. This is just part of the process. For more information on recovery from drugs or alcohol go to our main website at ADUS Healthcare.
There has never been a better time to get help for your addiction. If you would like help or advice on any issues relating to drug or alcohol addiction treatment, then call our team today on telephone: 0845 3881 543 or mobiles call telephone: 07811 606 606 we help 1000’s of clients every year, and I know we can help you. After all. What have you got to lose?